Manhattan glass garage doors can be a great option for both residential and commercial applications. They come with many many advantages but, of course, a few disadvantages as well. Here are the pro’s and con’s of Manhattan glass garage doors for your home or business:
Advantages of Manhattan Glass Garage Doors
Glass in Manhattan glass garage doors lend a sophisticated appeal to the entire home. This increases the value of the home and the property for resale. It can also be beneficial, if there are strict zoning regulations for curb appeal. Other benefits include:
- Home owners have the choice to coordinate the windows in their new garage door with their home’s windows offering it a bit of customization.
- Smaller glass windows along the upper portion of the garage door can allow natural light to enter the garage. This is especially great if the garage doubles as a home office, rec room, or workshop. Natural light will immediately eliminate the dark and gloom feel in most garages.
- Glass offers many stylish options because of the variety of sizes and shapes. It is also possible to find stained or tinted options as well, if the family wants to retain the shade in the garage area.
- Professionally installed Manhattan glass garage doors are made of sturdy and durable materials. They generally only require simple, minimal routine maintenance. Rust is not generally an issue for these types of doors either.
Disadvantages of Manhattan Glass Garage Doors
All decisions, purchases, and investments have at least a few disadvantages. The goal should be to weigh the pro against he cons in order to decide which suits your family and home best. For example, home owners often find that glass for the garage door, while absolutely gorgeous, is also one of the more expensive options. Opting for glass can increase the cost by anywhere from $200 to over $500.
- Many home owners decide against glass for security and safety reasons. Glass makes it easier for criminals to not only see into the home, but to gain entrance.
- Though insulated glass is available it is not generally air tight like those with no glass.
- The insulated type glass is also more expensive.
- Installation of the glass may take a bit longer than standard garage doors.
- Glass is much more fragile and is susceptible to stray ball or storm ravaged tree limb.
Interested in Manhattan Glass Garage Doors?
Advanced Door has been family owned and operated since 1998. They began in a small garage with just 1 employee and have grown to a 2400 square foot office/warehouse with a separate offsite 30,000 square foot fabrication facility. They provide the finest products and services in the overhead garage door industry, and are “The Professional Garage Door Company”. They are dedicated to serving their customer’s needs, and their goal is 100% customer satisfaction. Advanced Door strives to bring you the best in quality service. If you have any questions or want more information on their overhead garage doors and services, you can give them a call at (973)579-0043 or visit the website.