Jersey City aluminum garage doors are a popular choice for some homeowners due to its light weight, resistance to corrosion, and relatively inexpensive price. Jersey City aluminum garage doors also require little maintenance. If the aluminum door is manufactured with a layer of insulation, it can be an excellent choice for your overhead garage door, since it becomes almost as energy efficient as steel. Like all garage door materials, aluminum has its pros and cons. Here they are:
Pros of Jersey City Aluminum Garage Doors
- Jersey City aluminum garage doors lightweight, making it easier to install. If you are planning to install the overhead garage door yourself, it will make the task easier for you. In addition, since a contractor will take less time and energy to install Jersey City aluminum garage doors, he may charge less for the job.
- Another benefit of aluminum’s lightweight nature is less strain on the torsion spring, garage door opener and other parts. If your opener quits working or you experience a power outage, a lighter door will be easier to open manually.
- Aluminum does not rust and performs well in corrosive environments, like coastal communities. If you live in a coastal area, the non-corrosive nature of an aluminum garage door can lead to longer door life.
- Aluminum is an eco-friendly metal and can be recycled.
- Jersey City aluminum garage doors can be embossed with a stylish texture, can be painted, and comes in many styles.
Disadvantages of Jersey City Aluminum Garage Doors
The major drawback of Jersey City aluminum garage doors is that they easily dent. Once your garage door is dented, it is hard to repair short of using auto body repair techniques. If you know there is a high risk of denting on your doors, there are better choices. Things to consider include high winds, frequent hail storms, or kids playing in the driveway. When these conditions exist or there is a high probability of their existence, you may want to consider other options.
Looking for Quality Jersey City Aluminum Garage Doors?
Advanced Door has been family owned and operated since 1998. They began in a small garage with just 1 employee and have grown to a 2400 square foot office/warehouse with a separate offsite 30,000 square foot fabrication facility. They provide the finest products and services in the overhead garage door industry, and are “The Professional Garage Door Company”. They are dedicated to serving their customer’s needs, and their goal is 100% customer satisfaction. Advanced Door strives to bring you the best in quality service. If you have any questions or want more information on their overhead garage doors and services, you can give them a call at (973)579-0043 or visit the website.