Are you in the garage door marketing and having trouble deciding on the best NYC garage door company to hire? There are a handful of dealers out there, making it tough to know who to go with. Not all companies will deliver up-to-par products and services, so knowing how to find the best NYC garage door company is important! Below are some tips to help you find the right one:
Finding the Best NYC Garage Door Company
- Ask your friends or neighbors to recommend a good garage door company.
- Contact two or three business to ask for estimates, and be sure to ask for details about product warranties.
- Ask the company for a list of customer references in your area.
- Inquire about the total minimum charges for a service call. There may be charges for a basic fee, travel, labor, parts, and so on.
- Don’t equate the size or number Yellow Pages ads or online ads with the trustworthiness of the company.
- Don’t authorize the repair until a technician clearly explains the problem and tells you the exact cost. Legitimate garage door repairs rarely cost several hundred dollars.
- Verify advertised offers when you contact a company. Some companies have been known to publish advertisements with false or misleading information.
- Call your local Better Business Bureau (BBB) to see if there are unresolved complaints filed against a certain company.
- If possible, be present when the repair work is being done. Some scam artists intentionally break parts and then replace them.
- Never pay for garage door repair service in-full and up front. Asking for a partial deposit is legitimate; just be sure it is a reputable company even before you pay a deposit.
Best NYC Garage Door Company | Five Red Flags to Avoid:
Like any other service-based business, professional garage door companies work to earn your business legitimately. These tips can be red flags that indicate something is amiss. If you aren’t comfortable with how the process is going, ask clarifying questions or say you’re going to take some time to consider next steps before you make repair arrangements.
- Unknown Address. Look for a published physical address in your area for the business. Some fraudulent businesses advertise many phone numbers, but do not have a physical address.
- High Pressure Tactics. Do not allow someone to pressure you to make a quick decision. Be cautious if a technician claims that your family or property is in danger if the proposed repair or replacement isn’t done immediately.
- Door to Door Surprise Visits. Be wary if a company knocks on your door and claims to have a special deal.
- No-Name Phone ID. Pay attention to how the company answers the phone. Companies that under several business names often answer the phone with a generic response, such as “Garage door service.”
- Pre-payment. Do not work with a company that demands payment in full before the project is complete. You should never pay for an entire job in advance, and avoid paying in cash when possible.
Looking for the Best NYC Garage Door Company?
Whether you need actual, functioning NYC garage doors or more of a decoration, Advanced Door can supply what you need. They have worked with integrity and a strong work ethic since 1998 to become known as “The Professional Garage Door Company.” For information on their services or a free estimate, contact them today!